Thank you for visiting the FAQ. If your question is missing, please do not hesitate to contact me.
WHAT IS A CUT FILE / SVG?
An .svg (Scalable Vector Graphics) is the most common type of cut file. Die cutting machines like the Silhouette Cameo or Cricut Explore Air 2 use them to determine how to cut materials.
A "cut file" is a digital file that contains a blueprint of sorts. It is a set of lines that tells a machine where and how to cut and image. It's how people create decals, cards with punch out holes, custom stickers, vinyl for shirts and more. The possibilities are endless.
WHAT DO I GET WHEN I PURCHASE?
For detailed information on what is inside your new zip file, license types and copyright, please visit the Download Information page.
If you would like to test a file out before purchasing, please see the free files collection.
WHAT TYPE OF SOFTWARE / MACHINE WORK WITH THESE?
- Silhouette Cameo, Curio or Portrait - Silhouette Design Studio
- Cricut Explore - Cricut Design Space
- Brother ScanNCut - ScanNCut Canvas
- Sizzix Eclips - Sure Cuts A Lot OR eCal
WHAT TYPE OF FILE DO I NEED?
- SVG - all machines (except Silhouette without the Design Edition upgrade)
- PNG - for tracing in a pinch
- DXF - for the free Silhouette Design Studio Basic (For more information on how to use dxf files please click here.)
DO YOU TAKE CUSTOM ORDERS?
No, I am currently not taking custom orders for new designs. If you would like changes to something currently in the shop or a previously purchased file, I would be happy to help.
WHERE CAN I FIND MY DOWNLOAD LINK?
A download link will pop up after you complete your purchase. At the same time an e-mail with your link will be sent to the address you used to check out from firstname.lastname@example.org. (Just in case it tries to send to your Junk folder, you can add that address to your safe list.)
You can also click the Facebook Messenger box on the bottom left during checkout to receive a message with your download link. This will keep a running list of links in your Messenger box.
Access your account page for a list of past orders with all of your download links by clicking the person icon at the top right of the page.
If you have any trouble finding you link, please message or e-mail me at email@example.com
HOW DO I UNZIP MY FILES?
- right click and extract all
- you can change the folder name and location in the pop up if you would like
- if your built in software isn't working for you, I recommend 7-Zip
- double click
- the files should decompress right into the same folder
HOW DO I LOAD THE FILES TO MY MACHINE?
CAN I RETURN A FILE?
Yes, please see my return policy here.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?
Visit the contact me page, click messenger bubble on the bottom right of the page for Facebook chat or e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (205) 693-8204.
I am available during the week from 9 am to 5 pm CST. On Thursdays we have therapy, so I am only available from 9 am to 2 pm CST. During the off hours I will respond asap.